- 1. Vizio smart TVs freeze/streaming applications freeze during initialization
2. Holding the "Power" button on the side panel does not reset/turn off the TV.
I started my journey off by calling Vizio's support at (877) 698-4946 or you can chat online with them at Live Help
To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
- 1. Press the "MENU" button on the remote. The on-screen menu is
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight the "Help" icon and press "OK". The Help menu is displayed.
3. Highlight "Clear Memory" (Factory Default) and press "OK".
4. Enter your parental control passcode. If you have not yet set up a parental passcode, enter the default, "0000". The TV displays, “Are you sure you would like to Restore Defaults? This will erase any custom settings.”
5. Highlight "Yes" and press "OK". The TV displays “Memory is being cleared. The TV will reset shortly.”
6. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.