Vizio Smart TV freezing Netflix/Streaming Services

Direct view, HD, LCD/LED, Flat-panel, Plasma, Projection, and DLP
dzcadii

Post by dzcadii » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Issue:
  • 1. Vizio smart TVs freeze/streaming applications freeze during initialization
    2. Holding the "Power" button on the side panel does not reset/turn off the TV.
My experience was specifically with the Vizio E552VLE "55” Class LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps" (http://store.vizio.com/lcd-hdtvs/e552vle.html) but I've seen people post about their other smart TVs.

I started my journey off by calling Vizio's support at (877) 698-4946 or you can chat online with them at Live Help

Solution:
To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
  • 1. Press the "MENU" button on the remote. The on-screen menu is
    displayed.
    2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight the "Help" icon and press "OK". The Help menu is displayed.
    3. Highlight "Clear Memory" (Factory Default) and press "OK".
    4. Enter your parental control passcode. If you have not yet set up a parental passcode, enter the default, "0000". The TV displays, “Are you sure you would like to Restore Defaults? This will erase any custom settings.”
    5. Highlight "Yes" and press "OK". The TV displays “Memory is being cleared. The TV will reset shortly.”
    6. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.
After this you will have to setup the TV just like you did when you pulled it out of the box. These instructions can be found in the user manual on page 34 for the E552VLE (see attachments).
Attachments
UM_E552VLE.pdf
USER GUIDE
INSTALLING YOUR new TV
CONTROLS & CONNECTIONS
CONNECTING YOUR DEVICES
completing first -time setup
USING THE ON-SCREEN MENU
USING THE USB MEDIA PLAYER
USING VIZIO INTERNET APPS
TROUBLESHOOTING & SUPPORT
Help, SPECs, warranty & LEGAL