HP Printer will print but Solution Center will not open
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:10 am
As of September 2013, If you ever run into a problem where a Hewlett-Packard (HP) printer will print but the Solution center will not open. You can try this solution out.
- Printer will still print
- Solution Center will not open (typically these are installs from the original instillation media (CD/DVD) that are at least a year old)
- There seems to be a problem with Macromedia Flash module at "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx"
- Windows XP service pack 3
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Any HP printer that is supported by Solution Center (typically the printer will support scanning)
- Logged into an account on the system with Administrative privileges
- Delete the Flash9b.ocx by navigating to "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\" and delete the "Flash9b.ocx".
- Navigate to "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\"
- Run the FlashUtil32_xx_x_xxx_xx_Activex and select "uninstall" (this will unregister the old version of Flash)
- Select everything in the folder and delete it (if any files are left)
- Uninstall Solution Center (do this even if you've just reinstalled it from the CD/DVD or online)
- Reboot/restart your computer.
- Using Internet explorer (or you can use your favorite browser) go to adobe.com and install the latest Flash Player.
- Go to HP's Drivers and Downloads site http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html and search for your printer model and operating system
- Download the full featured package
- Reinstall Solution Center from the download (Do not install from your CD/DVD)
- Try opening Solution Center once the instillation is complete (for safe measure, reboot/restart your system)